Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

Well this weekend was pleasantly uneventful which was great because I was able to catch up on my ever growing to-do list.  It was also nice because I think we have plans every weekend from here until May!

On Friday night we rented Gone Girl ... I've listed my thoughts below


{side note: don't read my thoughts if you haven't seen it, I don't want to ruin it for ya}

- It was a REALLY long movie
- It may give crazy girls ... ideas
- The whole excitement over Ben Afleck being fully nude - wasn't even needed in the movie.
- Overall a great movie but the ending makes it almost not worth watching

Saturday we slept in ... ahhh yes, slept in.  Of course for me that's all of about 9 am.  I spent the day doing chores and running errands.  I am on the lookout for some candelabras for wedding decor so I decided to head to our local Good Will, my mom said there was some great stuff. I didn't find any candelabras but I did get some fabulous finds!  


Cream Clutch - $4.99!!

Wine Colored Cute Heals - $4.99
I know these are a little unusual but they spoke to me :)


Cute Tank - $2.99!!

Everyday Shirt {Banana Republic} - $3.99!!


Shallow Basket - $2.99!!! 
I've already put this to use :)


This wasn't my first trip to the Good Will but for some reason I noticed a lot more this time around.

If you want to test the durability of any item in the store, just give it a little nudge with your foot
EVERYONE DID THIS - TO EVERYTHING

My Good Will had a "boutique" section where they put all the fancy, name brand clothes.  Good Will does not qualify Banana Republic or Ann Taylor Loft boutique worthy, however Mossimo and Charlotte Russe are.

Tupperware and Portable Toilets go in the same aisle. 

Saturday night we went out to dinner at a local restaurant, Hurricane Grill, we had not tried it yet and over all it was ok.  Nothing to write home about but it wasn't too bad.  Then we went to see American Sniper. With the movie making like 100 Million dollars the first weekend, I think it created even more buzz because the line was loooooooong! We  managed to get seats in the 6th row from the front.  It was worth it though.


It was by far one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.  I HIGHLY recommend going to see it and I also HIGHLY recommend you don't get caught up in all the "controversy" talk about it.

Sunday I caught up on a lot of work, went grocery shopping, did more chores, and watched the Pro Bowl and the SAG Awards.

What did you guys do this weekend?





No comments:

Post a Comment