Thursday, September 10, 2015

Bridesmaid Series: Marie


creating a wedding




As we come to the last lady {dear god I hope I didn't forget someone - two weeks before a wedding can  have you a bit scatterbrained} I would be most inclined to say I've saved the best for last ... after all it is my Maid of Honor ... 
Marie Osterhout
Marie { or Mary VonOsterhousen as I like to call her } met back in 2006.  I make a note of this date because we thought it was 2005 and we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary but after much thought and deliberation we found out it was in fact Halloween of 06' so we'll have to save our anniversary celebrations for next year.  


Marie and I


If you haven't already heard the story as we like to tell it so much, we met at a Halloween Party where we showed up in the same costume ... GASP! Yes! The thing is, it wasn't even a common costume ... it was a sexy plumber for heaven's sake ... I mean really!?!  Needless to say after the initial "Oh, no she didn't" we became fast friends as her husband {boyfriend at the time} and I had a little too much to drink and were dealing with our sicknesses in the same bathroom.  How about that for TMI early on.

While our early years of friendship centered around drinking, dancing and gossiping our friendship has since flourished into what I can only describe as a sisterhood.  She is someone who truly has your best interest at heart and really does feel for you, your situations and your family.  She is someone who will sit and actually cry with you because she feels the pain your feeling rather than just wiping your tears.

I know that her and I are a match made in heaven because the partners that we have chosen to spend our lives with are the counter parts of us.  Let me explain that in better words ... I am Jason (her husband) and she is Mike (my soon to be husband) and if we have chosen life partners exactly like each other then we must be perfect for each other.

Marie is compassionate, loyal, truthful, intelligent and an overall good person which is hard to find in this day and age.  The sense of humor that we share is not often found in others - which is why we are the only ones laughing a lot of the time.  She is one of the best people I could have standing by my side on the most important day of my life. 


Marie and I
{ Marie and I at her Bachelorette Weekend }


Marie and I
{ At a Bills vs Miami Game }

Fun Fact: Marie and I were both born in Buffalo and lived a short distance away -- and never met until we were both in Florida.

Marie and I
{ A fun ladies night out } 


Marie and I
{ Beach Shenanigans }


{ Halloween - Not "THE" Halloween Though .. }

{ One of my favorite pictures of us .. }

Wamp Design Etsy Shop






No comments:

Post a Comment