Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was a calm one ... I did three of my favorite things: ate, shopped and watched movies/tv.  My grandma {Gram} and grandpa {Poppy} are in town from Buffalo for the next two weeks. Poppy, my mom's dad and my parents drove to Daytona for the Daytona 500 so it was just me and Gram here.  

Saturday Gram, Marie and I set out to the new mall to find Grams dress for my wedding.  She wanted to look down here because she said everything up north is turtle necks and sweatpants {and she wanted to make sure I liked it}.  Now Marie and I have dress shopping down to a science so we told her to go wait in a dressing room and we were just going to bring her tons of dresses to try on .. Which she did :) 

We picked out a bunch of nice dresses, but of course we had to throw one in there for giggles.  Gram laughed at it and actually put it on to take a picture and send to my cousin Amanda! I asked if I could put the picture on here and she said no! So instead I'll just show you what the dress looked like.



juniors pink and glitter prom dress
Mind You .. Gram is 73 Years Old

She did end up finding her dress but she is waiting til she gets shoes and accessories before she debuts her whole ensemble.  The best part though ... the price! Macys was having a sale and the sales lady also used a coupon so Grams dress came to a grand total of $26!!

We did a little bit more shopping and headed to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  Look who we ran into working that day!


all of us at the Cheesecake Factory
{Left to Right: Marie, Some Guy That Photo Bombed Us, Me, Courtney and Gram}
I really need to start remembering to take more pictures of the food ... or at least our Cheesecake!! At least I got one of Gram having a mid-day cocktail ... She is on vacation after all!



Gram and her drink




That night Mike cooked us some amazing steaks ... he had marinated them all day in a Chimichurri Sauce and then cooked them in a cast iron skillet ... best steak I've had in a long time!! 



steak dinner
Steak, Salad and Cream Cauliflower 

steak cooked to perfection
Steak Cooked To Perfection!

After dinner we rented St. Vincent and made Gram watch it with us.  She said she hadn't watched a movie since she used to go to the drive in way back in the day.  She actually sat through the whole thing and liked it!




Over all I really liked the movie. It was funny, heartwarming and taught you a little bit of a lesson.  On a scale of 1 to 10 { 1 being Team America, the only movie I ever walked out on and 10 being Pretty Woman because well, that's the best movie ever} I give it an 8.5.

On Sunday Gram and I laid out in the front driveway like a bunch of hillbillies ... but we did get some good sun and Gram got to wear her new bathing suit.  I also took advantage of having some time outside to clean out the garage a bit ... it needed it bad.  I finally threw out extra branches from our Christmas Tree that I was going to make something with.  

For dinner we ordered pizza from a new place ... I believe it was called Solarzano's but I'm not sure.  We like to try out different pizza places .. we have yet to find anything amazing and this time was probably the worst we had.  We ordered a Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza and Garlic Bread.  I didn't think the pizza was too bad but Mike hated it {said it was way to greesy} and the Garlic Bread was a joke.  They literally took a piece of bread, sprinkled mozzarella cheese on it and then chopped up chunks of raw garlic, put that on top and threw it in the oven to melt.  EW! 

Anyways ... we had made cookies for dessert so it wasn't a total loss.  

Then we watched the Oscars ... I love award shows {actually I love the red carpet and the opening of award shows .. the rest is eh} I fell asleep before it ended but I got to see what I wanted to see ... the dresses! Below are the Top Four and the Bottom Three {in my opinion} of the night.

TOP FOUR


Rosamund PikeJenna Dewan TatumMargot Robbie

My absolute favorite was Rosamund Pike {first one in the red} everything about it was just perfect to me!! Jennifer Aniston is just one of my favorite people and I usually love anything she wears.  Jenna Dewan-Tatum, I mean come-on she is literally perfect {and she gets to keep Channing Tatum}!! I didn't know Margot Robbie but I love that black dress ... I'm a big fan of sleeves!



BOTTOM THREE

Nicole KidmanLady Ga GaFelicity Jones

Nicole Kidman ... what is that even? You looked like one of those shiny Lisa Frank stickers and Cheap!  I know that Lady Ga Ga has to be weird all the time but this is the Oscars, not the Grammys, just wear something that doesn't scream for attention.  Felicity Jones wasn't atrocious by any means but the whole thing was just kinda ... ugly.

There you have it .. my weekend wrap up, I hope you guys had a great weekend too!  
Jessica Signature


No comments:

Post a Comment