Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was a nice balance of busy and calm.  I liked the busy because I got to see a friend that I haven't in a while and did some fun wedding stuff.  But I also liked the calm because I have a crazy week ahead of me and it was nice to just relax.  

Now, this isn't from this weekend but I wanted to share.  Wednesday night I skyped {rather oovoo'd - its the app we use} with my friends Katie and Laura.  Katie lives in Tampa {which is about an hour north} and Laura lives in Philly {which is a lot of hours north} so we like to have a group skype date when we can to catch up!  I love catching up with these girls :)





Saturday I "Met in the Middle" with one of my very dearest friends - Brandy and her little munchkins.  Brandy lives in Ft. Myers which is about an hour south so on occasions we meet in the middle in a city called Port Charlotte.  We have been friends since the 4th grade so even when I haven't seen her for a while we pick right back up where we left off. 



We ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel {YUM} and then went on to do some shopping, as we always do.  I am not sure there has ever been a time that we were together and didn't shop!  There were times when we shopped with out kiddos but its so much more fun with them! 


That little one around my leg is Cole {my godson} and the cutie in my arms is Cali.

After meeting up with those guys Mike and I went to do a menu tasting for our wedding with my parents and his mom.  They haven't seen the venue yet so it was really nice to show them and walk them through the day.   {Below is where the ceremony will take place}



On to the food - Let me  just clarify something: Mike NEVER gives a 10, when you ask him to scale something from a 1 - 10 he will NEVER give a 10.  He says a 10 is perfect and nothing is perfect.  So in my mind, if he gives something a 9 he really is giving it a 10.  It is also rare to get anything more than a 7 out of him .. talk about hard to impress.

He gave the food a 9! How exciting is that! 
Mike's love for food is very well known by his friends and family so his only request for the wedding is to have an amazing menu and it looks like that is what he is going to get.  I can't share what we are having  because he wants me to keep it a secret but I'll be sure to share TONS of pictures after the wedding {Sept. 26th}




Sunday ... the day of rest.  Mike and I slept in and had my signature breakfast {Homemade Waffles with any toppings you want}.  I went and did a little grocery shopping for the big game and then spent a couple hours laying in the sun.  I must admit the only good sun at our house is in the front, so I laid out in the driveway.  I asked {Chelsea, Marie and Mike} if it was trashy to do so but they all gave me the green light :)   Then came the food.  Mike had it all planned out and I was given instructions on where to go and when to pick up my part.


Margherita  Pizza - Francescos 

Boneless Wings - Winn Dixie Boneless Bar

Nachos - Moe's {welome to moes!}

Pizza Rolls, Mozzarella Sticks, Potato Skins - The Frozen Section

We also had plans to make cookies but by the time we finished all this that plan went out the window.  Luckily the cookies called for crushed Oreos as an ingredient ... so we just ate the Oreos.  Then we watched the big game.  I was happy with the outcome, as a Bills fan I normally hate the Patriots during regular season but I thought since they were in our division why not root for them over Seattle.  I also think Brady is a stand up guy {for the most part} 

How was your weekend?








No comments:

Post a Comment