Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up - Michigan Wedding



I hope everyone had a great weekend, I know I did.  Mike and I went to Michigan {detroit area} for his cousin Steven's wedding.  Most of Mike's friends and a lot of family live there as well as his Dad, Step-Mom, Brother and Sister.  We were lucky enough to have some good weather since it has been bitterly cold there for the last couple of months. 

One day we took his younger brother and sisters out for some fun, he asked them to choose what they would like to do so we went to Dave and Busters.  I've never been there before but it was a lot of fun and decently priced.  We played a bunch of games and Mike hit the jackpot on tickets for three games!  I think as a team we had 2,000+ tickets and the younger kids cashed them in for some candy and toys.

Dave and Busters Detroit Michigan
Right to Left {Mike, Victoria, Brittany, Anthony, Me}

Dave and Busters Detroit Michigan
Victoria, Mike and Anthony Nascar Racing


Dave and Busters Detroit Michigan
Mike and Anthony loved the basketball games 


Dave and Busters Detroit Michigan
Mike won the horse racing game ... twice


Dave and Busters Detroit Michigan
Me, Brittany and Victoria's Mirror Selfie

Then we headed to Birmingham Michigan where Mike wanted to try this restaurant called The Townhouse.  I thought it was great, Mike thought it was so - so.

Mike Got - Cream of Mushroom Soup / Pretzels and Cheese
I Got - BLT - A {avocado}
Brittany Got - Burger
Anthony Got - Chicken Wings
Victoria Got - Mac and Cheese 
We All Shared - Truffle Fries 


The Townhouse In Birmingham Michigan
BLT-A @ the Townhouse 


The Townhouse In Birmingham Michigan
The Townhouse in the summer time

That night Mike and eleven of his friends had a Euchre Tournament and the "girls"  {everyone's significant other} hung out and talked.

Saturday was the wedding, the ceremony was in a beautiful church in Downtown Detroit - The Historic Trinity Lutheran Church.

The Historic Trinity Lutheran Church

The reception was at a place called The Vintage House.  We had a great time and I was able to meet some family of Mike's that I haven't had the chance to yet.  The reception was nice, simple and a lot of fun.  We at some good food and I even got Mike on the dance floor for a few slow dances.

Mike and I at Cousin Steven's Wedding


We hope that Steven and Sarah have a beautiful life together.

Steven and Sarah Ruskowski


Sunday we went to breakfast with a lot of Mike's friends, its always a good time with them, they have been friends since middle school and hearing their stories is always entertaining.  We did a little more visiting and then headed to the airport.  We got very little sleep while we were there so we were almost zombies at this point.  Mike slept most the flight but I can't sleep on planes {no matter how tired I am} so I watched one of the free movies.

The Good Lie Movie

It was about Somalian Refugees, I thought it was a great movie {My Rating: 8.5} and would recommend it.  Its heart warming and funny and a little bit of a tear jerker.  I would say to make sure you pay attention to the beginning {especially peoples names} cause they grow up and it can get confusing if you don't know who is who.

When we got home we went to bed immediately, I had every intention of getting up early but I just couldn't do it and I'm still struggling throughout the day.  I've got some major sleep to catch up on.








No comments:

Post a Comment