Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What I've Been Reading - January & February Reviews

So back when I made my Resolutions for the year I said I was going to read twelve books this year {one per month} so far I've read one for January and one for February and I have picked my March book out! So I think I'm doing pretty well.  I figured I'd do a little book review on them each month to let you guys know about them {in case you wanted to read one} and it will also keep me accountable for reading them!

First up ... January 


Your Mind - the 10 truths about your mind

I've been struggling {for most my adult life} with anxiety.  I have pin pointed a few things that trigger my anxiety and at the beginning of this year I was doing a lot of research to find out how to deal with it on my own, before seeking professional help.  I came across this book and thought it might have some good insight.  Each chapter is one of "10 Truths" that you should know about your mind, emotions and tendencies and how they work.  It explains why you think the way you do and how you can manage your emotions and thoughts to live a better life.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested finding out more about why your mind works the way it does.

My Book Rating: 7.5

Oh right ... we need a scale here {1 being as intriguing as an Algebra Math Book and 10 being as intriguing as 50 Shades of Grey ... you know you liked it} 

Next Up ... February's Book 


I Do Now What? Giuliana and Bill

I was REALLY excited about this book because I LOVE Giuliana and Bill ... their reality show on the Style Network {although I think it might be on E! now} is one of my favorite.  They seem like a great couple and I love hearing about their story.  I also was excited to read this book because ... duh ... I'm getting married and I thought it would have some great insight.  

Each chapter in the book talks about different things that are important in Giuliana and Bill's relationship.  How they discovered it was important, how they got over the situation if it was sticky and how they approach it moving forward in their relationship.  I would say about two thirds of the "important issues" are ones that everyone can relate to but there were some that were most likely just special to their life.

I thought there was some great advice and it was an fun and easy read.

My Book Rating: 8


reading quote


My March book is "Wild" - it was recently turned into a movie staring Reese Witherspoon.  The book is always better than the movie so I am going to read it before I see it.

Jessica Signature



No comments:

Post a Comment